Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Bob



When I turned thirty my life has I knew it turned upside down and I felt like I was a Pinata and was taking a beating with a stick over and over, I wonder every minute how long I could  keep it all together? I eventually broke into a million pieces.

My marriage of seven years came to an end with a divorce a year later. This situation defined me, and still is a big part of who I am today.When this happened it felt like a death, the death of my x-husband that is. Although he was alive, he was no longer the man I loved and knew ... he was gone ... everything was gone. My core was rocked, my sense of who I was and my faith was shattered like a broken mirror. I couldn't see much of anything clearly at the time, it was one of the most dark times in my life.

I had lost complete control of what felt like everything in my life except for my hair. Hair you may say? Yes something as trivial as hair was a big deal back then.I decided I would cut it really short one day because I could, and that haircut made me feel like I had regained just a little bit of control when everything else in my life was chaos. My new haircut empowered me it gave me hope for the future.

Funny how a haircut can do that? But it really did! Sometimes when things get tough its good to step back and look for the small things that we can change or do to make us feel better. SELF LOVE is so important. 

Of course the hair did not solve all my problems but what it did do was give me confidence. Confidence in a new future and that I could move on and I DID. Eventually I found my way to a new a new chapter in my journey of life. Of course with the help of my creator Jehovah, my close friends, Derek and family. But I will never forget what that little BOB haircut meant to me and how it made me feel. 

In August I will be thirty five, MUCH has happened in those five years. My hair grew for one, lol. Now I am a mother, a wife again ( I remarried 3 years ago to an amazing man Derek). Suddenly as my next birthday approaches I felt a little overwhelmed, I started to feel "old" and to think to myself half my life is over! I know ... I know....all silly thoughts .... 35 is the NEW 25 right? SURE! Okay whatever make you thrity somethings sleep better at night.

 I did what I had once done oh so not long ago, I chopped my hair and got a bob haircut.




What do you do when you feel a little down? Does a haircut make you feel anew? Or is it just me?





3 comments:

  1. Getting my hair done does help when feeling blue... So does retail therapy. hehe! I love your hair short. Keep it as a bob. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes good old retail therapy, in your case speed shopping,thanks for the compliment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post! Excellent writing, you've got this blog thing down my friend! Keep em coming...

    ReplyDelete